Monday, November 17, 2008

Mineral makeup?

I used to have horrible acne breakouts. There was not a smooth part on my face and it was so embarrassing! I would cake on the concealer and douse my face in foundation before I even felt confident to leave my house.
A trip to the dermatologist and switching my makeup changed everything. I remember seeing some mineral makeup on T.V. and made the call to try it out. I will NEVER go back to liquid foundation! My face did clear up and I finally had smooth skin. I'm not saying that the mineral makeup cleared my acne, but I do think that it helped. I was no longer clogging my pores all day!
Why I like mineral makeup:

*It's pure. I feel better knowing that I'm not loading my face with tons of chemicals and fragrances.
*When I wear it I can hardly tell that I'm wearing it.
*It lasts a long time. I think I buy a new jar about once a year!
*It doesn't clog my pores.
*It looks good!
*It's so gentle I can sleep in it. Yes, I said sleep in it. I have 6 kids, so it's not rare for me to hit the hay without washing my face :)
I have been using mineral makeup for about 5 years now and I highly recommend it. It's rad! Affordable Mineral Makeup

7 Comments:

Michelle said...

Sounds good. What kind do you use?

CeeCee said...

I've tried using it and can't seem to apply it properly - any tips on what you do? I have oily/acne prone skin and keep breaking out so I would love to try something different!

radmom said...

I use Affordable Mineral Makeup because I can afford it :) The prices are really reasonable. I also use it because it doesn't contain Bismuth which can cause itching.
First, I use a moisurizer. I have very sensitive skin, so neutrogena works great for my skin.
I should also add that I have very light skin, so I mix 2 shades together to match my skin tone.
I put the powder on my foundation brush and tap it on the jar to get rid of any excess powder. Use it sparingly. Too much doesn't look right.
I apply it in circular motions. This helps me to blend it into my skin. Don't just dust your face with the foundation. It wont look right.
If I am having a breakout, I apply some of the mineral concealer and top it off with the foundation.
If you look at Affordable Mineral Makup under Brushes and Accesories, I use the blending brush to cover my breakouts. I also prefer the chisel blush brush for my foundation.
If you are interested in mineral makeup I suggest that you find a great brush set.
You can also go to Affordable Mineral Makeup and click on mineral foundations. Click on a shade. Then scroll down and on the left side you will see makeup techniques. It has some pretty good information.
I hope this helps. Good luck!

AudreyO said...

that's awesome that a change in makeup cleared up the acne. Wow.

TJACK said...

I still haven't found a brand that I really like. I have such a hard time finding the right shade, getting good coverage, and avoiding chemicals. I always consult this cosmetic database http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/index.php?nothanks=1
before putting any makeup on my face. Applying chemicals directly to the skin, our largest organ, exposes us to far more toxins than ingesting them. I've never heard of Affordable Mineral Makeup. I'd love to see an ingredient list. Would you mind posting the ingredients?

Anonymous said...

What kind do you use. i use bare minerals but seem to break out still.


Oh by the way
I wanted to invite ya to a mommy message http://www.chatterscene.com

william2233 said...

Nice site, from a children author

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online